We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

Hi everybody, I'm from Italy and I'm planning a visit in north California for October. Do you think that it will be possible to run the above itinerary or the road will be closed for snow ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

Probably no snow in October that would close roads or hinder your road trip. Might get chilly at night.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

Will get chilly at night! :) I usually have gloves for my am runs by then. Days can be very nice, almost hot even.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

With the exception of Tioga Pass in Yosemite (which is not the only way to get into the park), which has occasionally closed by October, having enough snow to affect your driving would be unusual. Not impossible, but I wouldn't plan around it. Fall colors could be nice. If you want to stay inside Yosemite, make reservations for accommodations early. We drove over Tioga Pass in October a few years ago without problems. If you're planning on going that route (and it is very scenic and odds are it won't be closed), just have Plan B in mind to get to Yosemite. There are a number of options to get to one of the roads that enter the park from the west.

Edited: 11 July 2012, 20:50
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

There may be snow on some of the trails in Lassen. We had snow on the Bumpass Hell trail in summer one year. Just be prepared and you'll be fine

5. Re: Lassen - Tahoe - Yosemiti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:48