We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know about nearby 1869 Shaker Tavern?

chicago, il
Level Contributor
299 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know about nearby 1869 Shaker Tavern?

We were looking for a nice, cute cabin or B&B to stay at while visiting Mammoth Cave. We'd like something with character, but not Victorian overkill (floral wallpaper, borders, silk flowers, doilies, etc). We really enjoyed staying at Pleasant Hill Shaker Village outside Lexington. Something simple and tasteful like that would be our ideal. Or a nice 2 bedrm cabin.

We heard about The 1869 Shaker Tavern at South Union (near Bowling Green). There are no reviews or mentions of it on Tripadvisor, though, so I was wondering if anyone has stayed there or seen it.

If you have any other suggestions for nice interesting accommodations, it would be appreciated. We are two couples and a well behaved five year old child.

right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know about nearby 1869 Shaker Tavern?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g39874-d118277-…

chicago, il
Level Contributor
299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know about nearby 1869 Shaker Tavern?

Thanks so much for guiding me to the reviews. "I was entering 1869 Shaker Tavern" but not getting any results. Weird.

Based on the generally positive reviews, I think this place will be just what we were looking for. My mind is eased and I think we will book with them.

3. Re: Anyone know about nearby 1869 Shaker Tavern?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Mammoth Cave National...