We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October visit to Mammoth Cave

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
October visit to Mammoth Cave

My daughter and I are planning a trip to Mammoth Cave for the first weekend in October. I'm thinking the Historic Tour and the New Entrance and/or Onxy Lantern Tour. We plan to stay 1-2 nights in the campground. Any thoughts for going that time of year? Any other places to see while we're there?

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October visit to Mammoth Cave

October is a GREAT time to visit! How old is your daughter? For youngsters, there are lots of things they'll love such as Dinosaur World. If older, there are lots of hiking trails from the campground there, and the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green is an iteresting stop.

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October visit to Mammoth Cave

She's 16. The corvette museum probably won't work for her, but the hiking trail will. Thanks for the suggestions.

3. Re: October visit to Mammoth Cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Mammoth Cave National...