We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

Coming from Europe, we need to purchase Green Trails Maps for our hikes in Washington and Oregon. Where can we buy those in Seattle? And which ones do we need for Mount Rainier National Park? We don't know yet which hikes we'll be making exactly, but probably in the area of Longmire and Paradise. I assume we do need these maps for hikes there? Or are there better options?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

We were in Seattle two weeks ago and found a great map shop near Pike Place Market called Metsker Maps. Here is their website which suggests they do have Green Trail maps, http://www.metskers.com/

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,988 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

Unless I'm mistaken, TravAms, this is the second time you've posted this and similar questions about Green Trails maps for the Pacific NW and all the local experts explained why perfectly suitable maps and directories for the type of hiking and touring you plan to do are readily available online, at local map and book stores and even at park entrances and trailheads. I'm wondering why you are repeating your question and would like to know what is special about Green Trail maps, as opposed to the maps we offer that are specific to the places where you intend to go.

Again, if I remember right, you weren't planning to backpack in any wilderness areas, but were only thinking of comparatively easy 4-5 mile hikes in well populated and used areas.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

No, I didn't repeat the same question, as it was a different forum. Also, it was posted several weeks ago, at the same time as the other posts.

Thanks though for your suggestions on hiking.

4. Re: Green Trails Maps Mount Rainier NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mount Rainier National...