We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

Portsmouth, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

We are planning a 10 day mountaineering trip in Boston Basin at the beginning of September and are having a hard time finding transport from SeaTac to the park. Renting a car is the option of last resort (being under 25) since it will cost more than the plane tickets.

I was wondering if there were any bus lines, shuttles or trains that anyone could recommend.

Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

You are really going to need a car up there. You could get a shuttle to Everett or Mt Vernon areas and rent up there, but there's not much to select from.

You could also talk to the Mountaineers club to see if there is any kind of ride board for long trip drop-offs. I've never heard of one, but they might know.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

You are going to have to rent a car. Even though there is a hwy bisecting the Park you are talking remote and not enough people in the tiny burgs to warrant any kind of bus service.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

Your trailhead is 25 miles down a dirt road. That's not going to be served by public transit or train, and I assume you called the park and found out there aren't shuttles. I also assume you looked at the transportation portion of the park's website and saw that it is sometimes possible to get to Marblemount by bus; that's where your 25 mile dirt road starts, and you could try hitching from there, though if you're a group with gear, that sounds pretty unworkable.

So. Try posting on Cascade Climbers or NWhikers.net and see if you can pay someone to take you there and pick you up. You might also call one of the many ride sharing services that now exist, like Lyft, to see if anyone's willing to do that.

4. Re: Traveling from SeaTac to NorthCascades NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about North Cascades...