We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Northwest in mid-late June. We will fly into Seattle and spend a couple nights with friends there, and then we will drive to ONP, staying in Port Angeles. We're thinking of staying there 5 nights to explore Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, Hoh Rainforest, 2nd & Rialto beaches, and a day trip to Victoria for whale watching. We would appreciate some advice about how to finish our trip. After the 2 nights in Seattle & 5 nights in Port Angeles, we have another 2 days of vacation. We have to be back at the Seattle airport in time for a 10:15pm flight on the 2nd day. Should we stay longer on the Olympic Peninsula, stay a couple of nights on Vancouver Island, explore Mt. Rainier or Mt. St. Helen, San Juan Islands, something else? We most enjoy outdoors activities like hiking, beaches, nature & wildlife viewing, etc. Thanks!

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

Two ideas:

Give more time to Victoria. You shouldn't miss Butchart Gardens. Other favorites: Craigdarroch Castle, Hatley Castle, and Fisgard Lighthouse. This assumes you can end in Port Angeles, putting you about three hours from the airport.

Another possibility is to continue around the peninsula to Lake Quinault for its rain forests, giant trees, and historic sites. That also puts you about 3 hours from the airport via Aberdeen and Olympia. A day of driving, hiking, and picnicking around the lake is a lot of fun. See:

…blogspot.com/2008/06/today-saturday-may-31-…

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,704 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

I would go to Sooke on Vancouver Island and stay at Richview, which is within walking distance of both the Whiffen Spit and Sooke Harbor House. I would hike East Sooke Park which has coastal scenery quite different from most of what you will see in ONP. There are gorgeous little coves full of anemones. It's a jewel, as is the town of Sooke.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

Agree with the above, there is much to see in Victoria area, including the extrremely well done Royal Museum and it is a very walkable downtown and Inner Harbor.

I'd spend an overnight and explore. Here are two key websites:

Victoria

If Victoria bound, this ferry leaves from Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula.

http://cohoferry.com/main/

Victoria Area

hellobc.com/en-CA/RegionsCities/Victoria.htm…

4. Re: Seattle, Olympic National Park, Then 2 Days to Fill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Olympic National Park