We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay?

Which Olympic National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay?

We are wanting to explore the ONP, and mostly what is on our list is the usual suspects - - Hurricane Ridge, Rialto Beach, Second Beach and HOH Rainforest. Where is a nice lodge-like place to make home base? Also, we have a week to stay, is that too long? Do you recommend three or so days and then maybe off to San Juans? Thanks!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay?

Lake Crescent Lodge would be my first choice, if you can get in.

A week wouldn't be too long if you really enjoy hiking. But splitting the time between ONP and the San Juans works, too.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay?

I second the choice of Lake Crescent Lodge, but a cheaper alternative would be to rent a house, especially since you are staying a week. Check out the Port Angeles Chamber of Commerce website, www.portangeles.org (NOT .com) and look under "Lodging" to find a list of rentals. Some of the houses are lovely, on the water or with great views.

A week is perfect for exploring the area. You might look at www.kaleberg.com for pictures and descriptions of day hikes and other things to do. There are wineries and farms, and I highly recommend sea kayaking in the area. Adventures Through Kayaking (888) 900-3015, runs great tours.

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay?

Give some thought to splitting your trip betwwen Lake Crescent and Lake Quinnault. Lake Quinnault has an historic Lodge, but there is also the Lake Quinnault Resort across the Lake which we enjoyed very much.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the help.

5. Re: Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 05:26