We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

Which Olympic National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

Posted this in wa general forum but got no reply do trying again in Onp

We are in Quinault now and would like advise from those who know about the numbered beaches south of ruby beach? Can anyone tell us which of these to the south are the best to see

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

You get to First and Second Beach by going to La Push.

Search for First and Second Beach on the forums to get information.

Also check kaleberg's outside web page. He's got lots of detail there.

Sometimes a very, very basic question like yours does not get answered because it feels like you haven't attempted to gather information on your own. So go gather some information. When you have questions about when to go or where to stay and such like, write in again.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

You are talking about beaches that I rarely visit. They are so close to Ruby Beach that it is the beach I spend time at if I am not at Rialto. They are pretty easy to check out, but I would still spend my time at Ruby Beach if I had the choice.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

Since you are wanting more replies, I thought you'd like to be aware that writing as "a Trip Advisor member" rather than an actual user id is kind of off-putting.

We reply with an actual id, and your not doing so sets you apart. A user id helps us by letting us know where you are from, how experienced you are as a poster and as a traveler, and other things. It kind of puts you on an equal footing.

Still, best of luck getting the information you seek. Rialto Beach is right in there and I thought it was particularly pretty.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,779 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

ainwa ~ there is a bug in the TA system. Long time TA members who post using their iPhone are listed as "A TripAdvisor Member". TA_Jeanine has forwarded the problem to the TA engineers. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k3949414…

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

Good to know about the bug, and that it's been reported.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

I've stopped by some of those beaches. I remember "Beach 2". They are all basically the same: just a few parking spots up by the highway, a short trail through a pretty forest of spruce trees, you clamber over some logs, and come out on the wide sandy beach. They don't have the offshore rocks of Ruby Beach, but they are very satisfying beaches. If the weather is nice, you could stay all day. The driftwood is the biggest you'll ever see. You will probably see eagles flying overhead. Another place to access the beach is at the Kalaloch Lodge. The Big Cedar near the lodge is worth a quick visit too.

7. Re: numbered beaches south of ruby beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 04:17