We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for ONP visit?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for ONP visit?

Hello,

With almost no advance notice, I suddenly have the opportunity to visit Washington next week. I've crammed in a lot of reading, but I'm still having trouble with logistics and I'm hoping someone can help. We have a total of 10 days and we need to spend the first two in Seattle. We've been told that we should split the rest of the time between the ONP and San Juan Islands. I'm sensing that the ONP deserves more time than the San Juans, so I may save only three days for the islands. (I'm wondering if it's worth spending a lot of time waiting for ferries for such a short trip.)

The problem, of course, is lodging and figuring out where to base ourselves. I thought we'd visit the Lake Quinault, Ruby and Rialto beaches, two of us would hike the trail to Lake Ozette, hike around in the Hoh rainforest, go to Lake Crescent (and walk the Spruce Railroad Trail), and visit Hurricane Ridge. I've been able to book two nights at the Quinault River Inn, but I don't know if two nights are a good idea. Maybe what looks like relatively short distances would actually take a long time? For example, would it be reasonable to stay there the two nights, see the Quinault Lake area (short to medium hikes) and see the beaches or is it better to stay one night and then move to La Push to be closer to the beaches and Lake Ozette?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
280 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for ONP visit?

We visited the park two years ago and spent four days there...visiting one area each day. We saw Hurricane Ridge, La Push and Rialto beaches, Lake Crescent and The Hoh. We used the Bullman Beach Inn as our base. it was absolutely wonderful...right on the bay. We saw whales from our room and our kids could explore the tidal pools each day. It was also a close drive to the North westernmost point in the us. It was a drive each day to get to whatever location we were going to but the hotel itself was relaxing and the location so peaceful. Have a wonderful trip...its a great park.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for ONP visit?

Thanks! I'll call to see if they have any availability once it's a little later on the west coast!

3. Re: Where to stay for ONP visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 18:16