We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campfires at Sandpoint?

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Campfires at Sandpoint?

Just wondering if campfires are allowed at Sandpoint? I understand Cape Alava allows them but with driftwood only. Does this same rule apply at Sandpoint? Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campfires at Sandpoint?

I think you can bring your own firewood to Cape Alava (if you really wanted to) but they don't want you scavenging wood out of the forest. Given National Park Rangers I don't think I would want to have to prove the source of my wood, though.

Looks like no fires at Sand Point.

•Campfires are prohibited between the headland north of Yellow Banks and the headland at Wedding Rocks. This includes Sand Point.

•Do not gather fire wood from the forested areas. Use driftwood only! There is little or no driftwood at Cape Alava during the summer season. Build fires on the beach to prevent damage to tree roots.

2. Re: Campfires at Sandpoint?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Olympic National Park