We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not liking what I just read

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
391 reviews
Save Topic
Not liking what I just read

I was browsing the trail info page at nps.gov/olym/…wilderness-trail-conditions.htm and I saw the following regarding Hurricane Ridge Road:

Hurricane Ridge Road will be CLOSED at the Heart O' The Hills Entrance Station from 5 AM to Noon on Sunday, August 4 for the "Ride the Hurricane" bike ride.

Of course Sunday morning is when we planned to go to Hurricane Ridge. This was to be on our way from Lake Crescent Lodge to the Port Townsend Ferry. Can GM, KB or Pala confirm that we definitely won't be heading up there on Sunday morning?

When we leave the Quillayute River Resort Saturday morning, we're going to have to fit in Hurricane Ridge sometime Saturday. Is is best to head there first thing, or wait until the afternoon. I'm thinking about sun angles and pictures. Our ferry isn't until 5:15 Sunday, so we'll push something back to Sunday that will trade places with Hurricane Ridge. Perhaps Sol Duc or the Spruce Railroad Trail I was thinking for Sunday morning..

Edited: 30 July 2013, 04:01
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not liking what I just read

It seems that way.

…portangeles.org/events/details/ride-the-hur…

You want to be leaving PA by 3:15, I'd say, in order to make your ferry

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not liking what I just read

Don't worry Pala, we'll be on the road before that. We need to get into Port Townsend a little earlier and check out the Sirens Pub that you recommended for a late lunch. Looking forward to it.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not liking what I just read

I'll probably be sailing. Look for a black hull with a red main and a white jib. Enjoy your visit.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not liking what I just read

If finished sailing, stop up around 3:30 and I'll buy a round.

I am thinking about heading straight for Hurricane Ridge from Forks on Saturday morning, then go back and check into the Lake Crescent Lodge in the afternoon. At $261 for the night, I would spend the rest of the day near and around the lake.

That means on Sunday we would save Sol Duc for the morning and head to PT in the afternoon. Sound good?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not liking what I just read

Good plan. Enjoy your trip.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not liking what I just read

Thanks! We leave tomorrow. I just hope our flight is on time. The last 3 USAir evening flights to Portland have all been late arrivals.

7. Re: Not liking what I just read

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Olympic National Park