We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for trip in July

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Activities for trip in July

Hello -

We are two families with adult children visiting in the last week of July - ranging in age from 19 to mid-50's. We are staying near Port Angeles, and plan to spend several days hiking, a day biking on the Olympic Discovery Trail, and a day trip on the ferry to Victoria. We are looking for one more major activity for our trip and are considering either kayaking, white water rafting or fishing (salmon?). We are all fairly active and in pretty good shape. Would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide on these activities, or a suggestion of any other alternatives.

Thanks!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for trip in July

http://www.atkayaking.com/ This group does kayaking. I bought my wife's kayak from them. There is some nice paddling near PA in the Straights of Juan De Fuca. You can also paddle in beautiful Lake Crescent, but I presonally find it far less interesting then in open water. Have you considered whale whatching out of Port Townsend with Puget sound Express.

Forget white water rafting in the Olympics. The best salmon fishing is on the Coast.

parrish
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for trip in July

where on the coast is the best salmon fishing thanks

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for trip in July

They do fish out of Neah Bay in the very NW corner of the Penninsula, but my brother's who are fisherman used to go out of Westport in the days when salmon fishing was much better. Westport is quite a haul from Port Angeles though.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 22:56
4. Re: Activities for trip in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16