We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

new jersey
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

I am trying to finalize our trip to Colorado next summer since I know things book up quickly. We are open to what town we are in so long as we have views of the mountains, and activities for our kids (ages 8, 6, and 3). Oh, and we are staying 5 nights and then driving to Cody, Wyoming.

Edited: 30 December 2009, 16:26
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

FYI, there is no lodging in RMNP. You would need to look at either Estes Park or Grand Lake. You will have mountain views from either location.

There is a lot of information already on this site. Just search in the tool bar above or check out the info provided on the left side of the page.

Perhaps if you come back with specific questions we could better help you.

new jersey
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

Thanks for your response. Here's the situation - I've looked at the YMCA in Estes but am afraid of the quality and the business of the lodge rooms (we aren't members so I don't think we'd get a cabin). I've looked around a bit at other places but they either get bad reviews, don't have enough for the kids, or are extremely pricey. Perhaps if someone could tell me if they know any other places that might be appropriate and/or if they would recommend the lodge rooms at the YMCA. I see glowing reviews of the cabins, just not much on the rooms.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

I see. So you are looking for lodging that has activities for your kids? I don't believe there are many options out there aside from the YMCA.

I think that Go Wandering tried to answer your question in your other thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60945-i436-k32836…

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

If it's available, I highly recommend the Historic Ranger Cabin at Elk Meadow campground. I don't, though, recommend their prefab other cabins. The Historic ranger cabin is comfortable and charming and sleeps six. It has big oversized comfy furniture (wonderful after a day of hiking) and is really cutely decorated. Their is a TV too. All linens, towels, etc. are included. There is a wood burning fireplace and porch. There is a darling roomy kitchen (not dishwasher, though) The campground has a very warm swimming pool, playground equipment, mini golf, jacuzzi, etc. (kid friendly), plus laundry facilities, fire pit you could get permission to use if you want to do a campfire one night. The campground borders the National Park on the Estes Park side. Tons of elk will be right by your cabin every night.

Edited: 10 February 2010, 04:11
5. Re: Lodging recommendations needed for family with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 05:17