We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

I have been in Estes for 24 days this month (and will be here 5 more weeks between now and Sept 15), and here are the things NOT yet done:

Rafting trip

Fly fishing and/or regular lake fishing

Day trip to Ft Collins

Brewery tours

Ghost tours

Cowboy sing-along at Bond Park

Watch any music in Performance Park

Visited the Bear Lake TH, Glacier Gorge TH, or driven past Sprague Lake on Bear Lk Rd

Taken a guided tour with Rocky Mtn Conservancy

Taken a tour with the new trolley company who offers historical Estes tours/RMNP tours

Visited MacGregor Ranch

Gone to any of our amusement areas with mini golf, bumper cars, ropes course, etc

Taken in a play at Baldpate Inn or otehrwise

Hiked at Wild Basin

I am sure the list goes on....

However, here is what I have done:

Visited Trout Haven with my nieces

Picnicked at Tuxedo Park

Saw moose at Sprague Lake

Visited Lily Lake a couple times

Hikes at Gem Lake TH

Hiked at Hollowell Park TH

Day trip to Boulder

Rode the Estes Tram

Went to rodeo parade

Drove Trail Ridge road, day trip to Grand Lake

Drove the Peak to Peak Hwy

Shopped downtown

Visited the farmer's market

Attended Jr Ranger Program with nieces

Attended 7-8 regular ranger programs, both day and night programs (and visited 3 RMNP camp grounds)

Walked Hidden Valley, Deer Mountain TH, Morraine Park

BBQ's with family/friends

etc, etc, etc

Why am I offering my itinerary? We often read here on TA people asking if they can be kept busy in RMNP for more than a few days, and I once read somebody say they visited one day, and had been there, done that.

Plenty to explore here, folks.

Many Parks Curve Overlook
Forests, Mountains, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Valleys
Hallett Peak
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

Thanks for posting, plz! My other favorite myth is that Trail Ridge Road is just a drive through.

I don't know how old your nieces are but have you seen the new Open Air Adventure Park in Estes Park? It looks really fun for those able to do it.

About the rafting - the Poudre is running over 800 CFS this morning! That is great for this time of year - still really exciting.

For visitors not as familiar with Estes Park as you are, here are two good sources of what is going on in Estes Park and RMNP - Pick up a free copy of the Estes Park News or look at the virtual edition at http://www.estesparknews.com/

At www.visitestespark.com/events-calendar/ - not only look at the calendar but go to the events tab and see the Estes Park Happenings.

There are several new restaurants in Estes Park, too.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,848 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

"I once read somebody say they visited one day, and had been there, done that."

LOL! Great post!

I read a review of Trail Ridge Road and the reviewer said that they were very disappointed in the views.(smacks head)

Enjoy the rest of your time there :)

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

The only way you can be disappointed with the views from Trail Ridge Road is if it looks like it does this morning. See the Alpine Visitor Center webcam - oh my!

www.nps.gov/romo/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

4. Re: A list of things I have not (yet ) done on this trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16