We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2014 last full week

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
Save Topic
April 2014 last full week

Hello my family and I are doing a trip to yosemite and plan to go to sequoia for a day or so hoping we could enjoy a couple of waterfall hikes such as grizzly falls and tokopah falls, do to the severe drought this year anyone know the chances of these hikes being available and accessible this time of year?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2014 last full week

Grizzly Falls is in the lower part of King's Canyon which won't be open in April.

Tokopah falls might be accessible depending on what happens between now and then but it would require snowshoes maybe if there is snow by then.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 2014 last full week

I'm guessing you won't need snowshoes this particular April for Tokopah (Grizzly is inaccessible). Will it be running? Well, it's going to be very cold, still, overnight but it's been warm enough during the day that there should be some flow at Tokopah. It's been a very strange winter. I haven't been up, but I can see on the Beetle Rock webcam that there's no snow on the ground there - which is very similar to the terrain/elevation near Tokopah/Lodgepole.

3. Re: April 2014 last full week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:19