We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

san diego
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

We're (party of 2) planning a visit to Sequoia National Park in mid-July and want to spend 2 nights there before heading to Yosemite. We'll be coming from San Diego. I booked 2 nights at the Buckeye Lodge in Three Rivers but would prefer to stay in the park to avoid driving into the park each day. I've been checking the visitsequoia.com website daily for any lodging on my dates in hopes of getting a canceled reservation but no such luck so far. I'm wondering if this is completely futile and I should just stay with my current reservation or if something will eventually open up?

I keep trying because I used a similar technique on the Yosemite website and was able to get lodging there, when previously there was no availability.

Thanks for any input.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

Stony Creek is another option.......

sequoia-kingscanyon.com/stonycreeklodge.html

Also check 48hrs before when people have to cancel for a refund.

I've gotten rooms at the desk when people are no-shows.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

Keep checking on the website and call them directly, every day, a couple of times per day. Many times the vacancies created by cancellations don't ever make it back to the website since they are snapped up by some lucky caller. I've been in the position of looking at the website with no vacancies while I get a room on the phone.

san diego
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize Stony Creek was in the park. I was able to get a room there for the first night but not the second. However, I did keep checking throughout the day and found a tent cabin at Grant Grove for the second night. I'll keep checking to see if we can get something a little nicer than a tent cabin. I didn't know you could call them directly either so thanks for that tip.

4. Re: Possibility of getting lodging inside the Park in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...