We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

towns to find hotel/campsite near north end of skyline drive

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
towns to find hotel/campsite near north end of skyline drive

Hi all-

I went to Shenandoah Nat'l Park a few years ago in April. I want to return this October for some scenic drives and hikes, I guess near the northern end of the drive, since I have been reading it is the prettiest (though I can't remember my impression years ago).

What towns are near that section of the park? I want to locate a hotel or possibly campsite in that area to stay on a Saturday.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: towns to find hotel/campsite near north end of skyline drive

Front Royal is at the north entrance to Shenandoah NP, you could also consider Luray which is closer to the middle or check out the Park campgrounds and lodges, Skyland and Big Meadows. The Park website can provide you details about lodging, www.nps.gov/shen.

Happy trails

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: towns to find hotel/campsite near north end of skyline drive

thanks!

3. Re: towns to find hotel/campsite near north end of skyline drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Shenandoah National...