We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

Which Shenandoah National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsport...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

Planning to visit Shenandoah Valley and Skyline Drive at the end of June for a week. Have not been there in many years...please advise if you will:

1. Any winery recommendations?

2. Best day hike for moderate difficulty? I'm fit, but not as young as I once was...hopefully any with waterfalls included?

3. Anything cool to see or visit near Massanutten? I remember the spectacular view at Massanutten Gap...

4. Road bike tours or sites to visit by bike?

5. Any spa recommendation ie day spa or fitness activities like rafting, kayaking, tubing, ziplines?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Cross Junction...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

I can answer a few of your questions...

1. Barrel Oak Winery, Delaplane Cellars...both are not far from the Front Royal end

2. Rose River Falls Loop...4 miles, beautiful waterfalls and cascading stream for at least half the length of the hike

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

Thanks will check those out.

Luray, Virginia
Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

New in Luray, just opened Bear Mountain Ziplines. Lots to do on the river in Luray. Wisteria Vineyards is a nice local one. Visit DiscoverShenandoah.com for alot of information on the top wineries to visit etc.

Dark Hollow Falls...fairly easy hike very popular. Not a spa but the "wright touch" in luray does wonderful couples massages on location or at their offices in Luray. see luraymassage.com

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

The Edith J. Carrier Arboretum at James Madison University in Harrisonburg (near Massanutten) is worth a visit.

http://www.jmu.edu/arboretum/

5. Re: Shenandoah Valley - any ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:47