We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stunned at the customer service

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stunned at the customer service

I sent an email a few weeks ago to the Shenandoah national park people asking about a road access.

The lady who emailed me replied within an hour or so.

She answered my questions & then said she would mail me a package of maps & brochures etc.

Being we are from Australia, I took it with a grain of salt & thought they would not show up once they realised where we were.

Well we got the package and it was full of decent maps and good general information on the park. Its really nice to get something you can hold in your hand.

With so many places cutting services, it is nice to occasionally be surprised by excellent service when it occurs. Thankyou to whoever the lady was.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stunned at the customer service

Thanks for posting this review of your contact with the park service. I certainly hope the rangers and other employees are readers of TA so they will read this.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stunned at the customer service

Adam, I second Wendy's comment.......Thanks for posting your appreciation and information about your good experience with SNP staff. Never met a Ranger I didn't like! That goes for Park staff and volunteers too. Have a great trip.

3. Re: Stunned at the customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 September 2012, 19:40
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stunned at the customer service

Thanks Gone Again, we certainly will. I have just responded to your message & thanks for relaying it.

5. Re: Stunned at the customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Shenandoah National...