We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance can cabins be rented?

Which Shenandoah National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Spring...
12 posts
Save Topic
How far in advance can cabins be rented?

I started looking for a cabin in SNP in August, and found them booked on the weekends through Nov 2013 (more than a year away.) So, how far in advance do reservations open?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance can cabins be rented?

Which one are you trying to book? Using this website? http://www.visitshenandoah.com/

For what time period? I just looked at a random weekend in August 2013, and found availability at all three (Big Meadows, Lewis Mountain, and Skyland). Perhaps I'm not looking for the same time period, amenities, number of rooms/people, that you are. It looks like reservation may not be available after October 2013 at this time.

There is also a toll-free number, 1-888-896-3833 that you could call to talk to someone.

Silver Spring...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance can cabins be rented?

I am trying to book cabins in any of the three locations, but for a weekend during peak leaf peeping season. So, it's going to be difficult to get a cabin during a weekend like that, which is why I want to know exactly how far in advance they open up the reservations, so I can be "first in line" so to speak.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance can cabins be rented?

Well, looking at the website for availability, it appears to have some in the last two weekends in October 2013. Is that about right for leaf season? The FAQs on the site indicate that, "the peak seasaon for fall colors is mid-to-late-October. However, it’s dependent on the weather."

Chester, Virginia
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance can cabins be rented?

Your best bet would be to call, but I believe they can be reserved about a year in advance.

5. Re: How far in advance can cabins be rented?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:19