We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat outside of the park?

Which Shenandoah National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, Virginia
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat outside of the park?

My husband and I will be staying in the park at Skyland Resort for 2 days in October for our anniversary. We have stayed there before and have eaten at the restaurant there, so we know what to expect and will probably eat there on one of the nights, but we have never really ventured too far outside of the park. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant not too far off of Skyline Drive?

Thanks!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
90 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat outside of the park?

The Shenandoah kitchen in Luray has a wonderful brunch. It is a bit of a drive from skyland, you have to go north to Thorton gap then down the steep grade of route 211 to get there but it is a scenic drive. My wife loves the cheesecake french toast. I have heard that dinner reservations are required during leaf season.

http://www.shenandoahkitchen.com/

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat outside of the park?

This might be a little bit of a drive from where you are staying, but I really enjoyed the Baja Bean Company in Staunton (so at the southern end of Skyline Drive). Here's the link to the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g58210-d15…

3. Re: Places to eat outside of the park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:18