We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on National Park cabins?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
advice on National Park cabins?

I am planning a trip to the Park in August. I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the family cabins or the rustic cabins. I have a family of 6--4 children--ages 11,8,5 and 3. Are the cabins nice and are the family cabins worth the $221/night? Or should I pay $83 for the rustic cabin? Any suggestions?

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on National Park cabins?

I have not stayed at the park cabins so I am not sure on that. However you might want to consider renting a privately owned cabin. There are many of them nearby that looked great when I was researching them for a week long trip that area. The one we ended up staying at was in Luray and it was absolutley amazing. Many of them are probably already booked for August but you can check. The one we stayed at was Burner's Mountain Lodge. It was set about 1/2 mile back from the nearest residence so was very private. It was about halfway up the mountain so it had a wonderful view of the whole valley and the Blue Ridge Moutains (Skyline Drive area) on the other side. There was a stocked fishing pond and a hot tub on the deck and plenty of room for kids to run and play. It was about a 15 min drive from Shenandoah NP. The town off Luray itself was really nice, just big enough to have the shops/restaraunts you may want but still a small town feel so it didn't take away from the natural setting.

Mentioned in this post
Luray
Luray
Virginia
Skyline Drive
Skyline Drive
2,289 Reviews
Shenandoah National Park, VA
2. Re: advice on National Park cabins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:17