We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See much of the park in 1 day??

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
See much of the park in 1 day??

We are not die-hard hikers but we do like short hikes and scenic

drives. I do not want to rush through Zion but I keep reading in

TA that many people stay only one day. What I want to know is

would we be able to see the main sights and a few short hikes

if we arrived early and stayed all day?

Your information and suggestions will all be appreciated.

thanks, Denise

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See much of the park in 1 day??

The short answer is yes, you can see the main sights by car and by shuttle and take a few short hikes in a long day. You will probably wish, however, that you had more time to explore the park.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See much of the park in 1 day??

If you don't do any of the longer hikes then one day usually is plenty to see the main canyon. Be sure to go to a ranger talk. You would have time to take the Riverside walk, the walk to Emerald Pools, go to Weeping rock (be sure to go right up under it) and maybe take the trail to Hidden canyon, check out the new museum and the Lodge gift shop. Hopefully you would take the time to go through the tunnels to the east section and Checkerboard Mesa. Right past the tunnels is the parking for the Canyon overlook trail. All of those are easy trails and would give you a good sense of what is there and could all easily be done in a days time without rushing. It is comparatively a small canyon and though the park is much larger, most familiar sights are in the main canyon.

check out: nps.gov/zion/…202007_6-16-07.pdf

Enjoy your stay

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See much of the park in 1 day??

Thanks to you both for such helpful information!

I know there is a lot to see but our time may (or may not) be

limited when we go and I want to be sure we do see the main

sights and trails in the canyon. I wish we all had more vacation

time!

4. Re: See much of the park in 1 day??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 23:20