We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

We are going to drive to the North Rim GC from Zion for the day ~ I know its best to stay the night but that is not possible, also I know its best to leave Zion early but that might not be possible either so if we left Zion at 9am how long would it take to get to the north rim? will we still be able to get there have a few hours there then drive back before it gets dark(not sure what that time is in July)?

Thanks in advance

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
838 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

Hi bluesky85,

It is a 3+ hour drive from Zion to GCNR. Here is where it gets tricky, since they are on different time zones.

You will leave Zion at 9:00 am local time and arrive GCNR around 11:30 local time. I would leave CGNR no later than 4:00 local to arrive at Zion by 8:30 local time. Sunset at Zion in July is between 8:55pm and 8:40 pm.

Enjoy your trip!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

Just don't change your watch and you'll be fine-lol-

You sure can visit north rim on a daytrip. Rwdw already gave you drivingtimes.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

Thanks for both your replies thats really helpful, and I didn't realise there was a time difference

If we did leave zion early would it make the journey quicker? say if we left at 6am?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
256 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

Bluesky85 - like everywhere out there, its a beautiful drive most the time. so the time goes by easier.

5. Re: Info about driving to North Rim GC from Zion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 18:17