We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

I recently posted a written trip report of our families awesome 2 week vacation to this area. Here it is:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143057-i1449-k375…

Here are some of the pictures we took.

s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/terriq/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Those are really fun photos... You may have convinced me to add a few activities to our own Zion trip this year.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,620 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Thanks for sharing. I just showed the river pics to a buddy who's doing the float trip this week.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Great photo's and a good looking family but I did not see the kids laugh much ;) Must be the age.....

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
21 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Great photos - thanks for posting. I'm doing the exact itinerary in September only in reverse. Can't wait!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Tet- They said they liked the trip, but they don't like the picture taking. My daughter will tolerate still pictures, but hates the video. My son doesn't want to flash his braces. It's always something. I remember when they loved the camera when they were little, "take my picture, take my picture".

I was perplexed as to why the pictures uploaded in reverse of how I entered them. The trip was actually from Zion and clockwise, not the way they posted on photobucket.

Anyone have a photo website like that they love? Just playing around with photobucket and not too crazy about it.

bflo
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Great pics. Really makes me excited for our trip in August.

Renting a boat in Page looks great, but your report makes me quite hesitant.

Did the kids love the tube trip down the Virgin River?

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
837 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Hi tqluvtotrvl,

I really enjoyed your trip report, it makes me want to come back.

For pictures, I have used Picasa by Google for several years. It lets you move the pictures around in the order you want. And they are always updating it.

Here is a link to my page so you can check it out and see if Pisasa is a site you may be intrested in: http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdwTA

You can scrool down to 2008 & 2006 for our trips to the Southwest.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

flying pig- If you are interested in the boat at lake Powell, do it. It really was a good day. The few things that messed me up were: afraid I was going to get sea sick, having a difference in opinion with how we wanted to spend the day-hubby wanted to water ski (hard to do unless you find a quite bay) and I wanted to explore canyons. There was plenty of time to get to Rainbow bridge, stop at marina to gas and get ice cream, and explore a few canyons, with tubing on the way, without the complication of finding an area to water ski too, IMO. The map is sufficient, I am just a map freak and like to know exactly where I am, and sometimes you need to do a little buoy investigative work in order to know if your on the right track. I would definitely go for it, knowing all this, and make sure to take the time to find an area to get out of the boat and explore. I felt lucky with the little rock beach we found on Driftwood canyon. So beautiful.

Picasa is the other sight I was going to try. After looking at your site, it looks great, and I think most compatible with Mac? I hate when you have to move the cursor around to advance to the next photo when scrolling through. Also, no annoying adds. It would take me a lifetime to upload all our trips, but if i am gong to keep with times, it will be a great winter project.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
837 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

I checked and it is compatable with Mac: picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py…

I started mine in 2006 and, yes spent the winter filling in earlier trips.

Normally I just spend a few hours uploading a vacation. The hard part is chosing which pictures to upload.

MI
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Some photos from our Zion, BC, Lake Powell, MV, GC trip

Hi tqluvtotrvl

Thanks for sharing your photos! What a great experience for your kids-they are fortunate to have parents who show them this beautiful country!

Can you tell me about the Grandview trail at Zion? Your picture was great but did you have to climb those boulders that the kids were on or did they go off trail? I'm just wondering if this out of shape body and my 75 yr old mother could do the trail!