We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are from Amsterdam in The Netherlands and are going on a trip this September to New York (and then fly to), San Francisco (from there drive with a RV to), Yosemite, Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Bakersfield, Monterey and then maybe Santa Cruz or just go back to SF and kick it for a few days there until we fly back. So, allot of miles to cover and we will only be staying one or a few days on every location. We're sure about most places (please, tell me if you would suggest another place then mentioned above and why) but I do have a question that I could not find the answer to anywhere:

We want to travel from Yosemite to Zion but it seems like along way to drive in 1 day (especially since we rented a RV, which doesn't go that fast).

Where would you suggest to stop? We could make a day out of it and sleep there, to get up early the next morning and arrive at mid-day in Zion..

Most routes i see suggested are to Las Vegas or Death Valley but we will visit that áfter the canyons.

Any thoughts? Please share them, many thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,388 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

There aren't alot of alternatives. To go through Nevada you will be mostly in the desert. If you don't go through Death Valley then the towns are small, few and very far between. (well, even if you go through Death Valley, but at least there they are more tourist oriented).

I haven't done that drive so can't give you suggestions. There are several different routes and where to stay depends on which one you take.

Hopefully someone who has done the drive can help.

Mentioned in this post
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

Post your questions in the Road Trip Forum. There will be folks there who have done this trip.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

@Kbecjeans, so would you say it's a strange route that we are taking then?

@Norgetroll Ok, thanks! I will post my message there, will let you both know how it works out.

Edited: 09 August 2010, 19:05
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,388 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

It is not a strange route, just an empty one. Plus from yosemite to zion your options are limited. Tet has done that route and will give goood answers on the road trip forum.

5. Re: Where to stop from Yosemite to Zion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 07:22