We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing a band at the Amphitheatre.

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing a band at the Amphitheatre.

When in Zion we may have the energy to see a band at the Amphitheatre. The night we are planning Sat 6th Aug the band Crossroads is playing. My questions are. What sort of music does Crossroads play and What is the Amphitheatre like for seating eg. Do we take a blanket and sit on grass??? Any information on seeing a band at the Amphitheatre would be greatly appreciated.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,699 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeing a band at the Amphitheatre.

Its a great place to see a show.I saw a local band there a few years ago, forget the name.The Amphiteater sits on a hill and the seating faces the stage(obviously) with the huge red cliffs in the background.Spectacular venue.Sort of reminds me of Red Rocks in Colorado.

The seating is part chairs like a baseball stadium and part concrete seats/steps.I don't recall any grassy area.

If you look at this website it gives details of the amphiteater and lists the bands and what type of music they play. The bands name is actually Southern Crossroads and they have a website.

www.dixie.edu/tanner/index.html

Edited: 28 July 2011, 18:38
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,699 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing a band at the Amphitheatre.

This is the band I saw. They are LA locals not UT locals.You can see a little of the background cliffs,but not much.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeQBDMI1FKQ

3. Re: Seeing a band at the Amphitheatre.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park