We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duck creek village

PAHRUMP
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
duck creek village

I am staying in duck creek village at the pine woods rersort and going to bryce and zion. Any body stayed there and any suggestons?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duck creek village

I've never stayed there, but I wouldn't expect anything fancy. Duck Creek Village is pretty rustic and will probably be overrun with ATVrs. What type of suggestions are you looking for?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duck creek village

Duck Creek Village is more a forest camp. I would stay there if that is what I wanted with the added bonus of being able to take a day trip to the the two parks thrown in.

If what you want is to visit the parks and are just staying somewhere between the two then it is not as convenient.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,732 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duck creek village

Kbecjeans has alluded to the advice always given here. If your priority is to visit the parks, you would be better off staying at each park. Choose Springdale for Zion and Rubys Inn for Bryce. Commuting to each park takes too much time. More importantly, it will mean that you will likely miss sunset, sunrise and the night skies at the parks. These times of day are equally as dramatic and significant as daylight in your park visits. Driving in the darkness is discouraged.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: duck creek village

I agree with the above. I rented a house in the village. Amazing house for the price. If you still plan on Pinewoods Resort and you are looking at paying over $200 a night I'd give renting a house a look. You can find a nice 1 bedroom for $150 and a 3 bedroom for around $250 with all the amenities of home. Most are a 2 night minimum. But keep in mind that it's a about 1.25 hours each way to Zion and Bryce. Also driving after dark on Route 14 is dangerous. Tons of deer on the sides of the road. TONS! Longer drive time at night and very nerve-racking. And if you want to talk about dark, try this road on a moonless night. Not fun at all. Bryce has one of the darkest night skies in the country which is great for star gazing,especially on a moonless night. Natural Bridges NM was ranked as the number one dark sky spot in the continental US, for what it's worth.

This coming trip I plan on hopping from park to park, spending at least 2 nights NEAR each. Also there is pretty much nothing in Duck Creek Village. I recall the nearest gas station being over 30 minutes away in Alton. Cedar Breaks is close by but I wouldn't spend more than an hour, driving by & stopping at a few viewpoints for photos.

5. Re: duck creek village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:16