We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable Mountain Lodge

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
607 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cable Mountain Lodge

We are staying for two days at this lodge. Did we make the right decisions. We want a nice place even though I realize we will be out most of the day. Sure would love some feedback from people who have been there.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,540 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

You can't go too wrong in Springdale. Cable Mountain Lodge is fine and super convenient - you can just walk to the shuttle and don't have to hassle driving. It's a little bit of a walk into the main part of town, but there's also a shuttle for that. We like the restaurant at Flanagan's and it's walking distance. Lodging wise, we also like Flanagan's and Desert Pearl, Cliffrose next to Cable Mountain is OK. You'll enjoy Cable Mountain and find it to be convenient to visiting the park.

Bridgeport, West...
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

Stayed there at the end of April last year. We were a family of 5, three kids and loved it. Great location. Nice pool. Had a ground floor room; think there are only steps to second floor rooms if that is any issue. You can walk to the entrance of Zion Park and then take the park shuttle into the park from there. Many also recommend the Desert Pearl, but I didn't get a chance to check out that place. We were very pleased w/ Cable Mt. Lodge and if we return would stay there again. Have a great trip!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

We stayed there in November for two days. It was obviously off-season and I think they only had one building occupied, so I'm not sure we had a typical experience. The location is very convenient.

We had a first floor unit; the most basic room they have. It was fine though not "luxurious" (e.g. bedding/linens were "ok", no robes, etc.) I thought our room was a little dark and gloomy. If I stay there again, I would make sure we were on the second floor, preferably with a balcony. Some nice views from there; seems like a shame that it's mostly surrounded by a parking lot. After our cold Narrows hike, we sat in the hot tub (with our take-out pizza... shhhh, don't tell!) as the sun set. Pretty nice. :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

We stayed there a few years back during the fall and liked it. There was a separate bedroom and a full kitchen in our 2nd floor unit. Deer visited the grounds to nibble on the grass. A stream runs through the back of the property and is quite picturesque. A footbridge is nearby to enter the park. Also, a small market is walking distance for any supplies needed but the prices were not cheap and a theater showing an Imax film was there too. I remeber getting some take-out Thai food from a small restaurant in the same area that was tasty enough.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
607 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

Thank you all for the info. You have answered my concerns and am looking forward to staying there. We have already done some research as to where to get some supplies before we get there. Thanks again.

6. Re: Cable Mountain Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:41