We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion to Las Vegas

uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Zion to Las Vegas

Hi,

I'm travelling to America in may and will be visiting zion whilst there. After zion we will be driving to Las Vegas. I was just wondering if you would recommend us just driving straight to Las Vegas from zion or should we stop off anywhere en route? Any nice places for lunch or a little wander around maybe?

Thank you very much,

Angela

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,927 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion to Las Vegas

It's just a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive through the desert. St. George and Mesquite are your choices for stops for lunch. A short sidetrip to Valley of Fire State Park and Lake Meade north of Las Vegas would be worthwhile.

Have fun.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,553 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion to Las Vegas

St George has lots of interesting places to visit for a short visit. Heres more info.

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

Depending on when you visit is in May though, if its later in May, it may be hot in all of the places mentioned especially Valley of Fire, and you may only want to be visiting in the early morning hours.

uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion to Las Vegas

Thank you both very much. I will research those places more now :-)

4. Re: Zion to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:16