We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

NC
Level Contributor
69 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

Planning a trip to Zion in mid-June and would love to do some tubing.

A few questions...

Is Zion Adventure Company the only/best place to get tubes? Wondering about reservations and if it is booked up is there anywhere else to go....

Will the current be safe this year for my two pre-teens?

Thanks - appreciate any help!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

Dez40 has better knowledge about river tubing, so maybe he will chime in and give some particulars.

Anyways one point to consider is getting back upriver. I am thinking Zion Adventures has a shuttle back uptown. One other place that rents tubes is Zion Outfitter. The advantage with these guys is it is a short few steps to the river. Zion Adventures is on the non river side of Zion Blvd(but still close to the river to not be a huge issue) I do not know if zion Outfitter has a return shuttle of some kind. I am thinking they do as well, but it might be worth finding out the details beforehand.

The river will be pleasant at the time of your visit. Decent storms to the north or upriver will be the only factor that can push the river flow up.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,521 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

I would highly recommend a reservation , as its a pretty popular thing to do. Zion Adventure is who I have dealt with.(and one other whose name I forget. Don't think they are around still) They have transportation back upriver. We have also done it on our own(we had trucks at each end) with a massive ski tube we had that was thrashed after a trip to Lake Powell.That was like a four person and really was just too big for the river at the time we did it.Kept getting hung up on rocks. Right now it looks like the river is flowing about 50CFS,which will likely mean you may be getting your tube unstuck from rocks a few times,but other than that a great ride. So yes it should be ok for pre-teens.No scary whitewater or anything. We went in June one year and the river was flowing very fast and deep, and it was not recommended for children.Adults were able to go with some caution.

Have fun!

NC
Level Contributor
69 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

Perfect - thanks to you both, this was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will be calling for reservations - can't wait!

4. Re: Where to rent tubes for Virgin River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park