We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Seattle
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

We would like to get 'a taste' of both parks leaving out of Las Vegas this October. We would only have two days with one overnight stay somewhere then head back to Las Vegas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Hi,,, a few options would work. You could drive first to Bryce via I-15 visiting the Kolob Canyons section on the way. Turn onto hwy 14 and see Cedar Breaks before driving on 143 to Bryce. See as much of the park as you can that afternoon/ evening. It takes about 5 hrs drive time without stops. Adding in those two detours about 7-8 hrs. You'll have about 11 hrs of daylight so if you leave LV by 8am you should still have time for a 3-4hr visit. That would be enough time to take the Navajo to Queen's Garden loop at Bryce. Stay Bryce. Ruby's Inn complex is the commercial area right outside the park, or if the park lodge is open try there.

Then the next day enjoy sunrise at Bryce, then drive the 2 hrs via 89 to Zion. Stop at the Canyon Overlook trailhead (just at the entrance to the long tunnel) and hike that (about an hour). Then head down to the visitor center and take the Shuttle ride to the end. Hike the Riverside Trail, then get off at all the stops on the way back, maybe hiking from the Grotto stop along the Kayenta Trail to Emerald Pools then on to the Lodge where you can catch the shuttle again. Enjoy dinner in Springdale before heading back to LV. I wouldn't worry about driving back at night as long as you leave Springdale right at sunset so you have some light to get to the freeway.

It would be quick, but a great getaway from LV.

Seattle
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Thank you! We really appreciate it! This is exactly the info we needed!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Don't forget the timedifference. You are losing one hour between NV and UT and gain that hour on the way back. Bryce already can get pretty cold in october so dress accordingly.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

I included that time difference in the five hr drive to Bryce. It should only take four hrs to drive but with the time change will be five hrs later.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

I know you are a fast driver Kbec ;-)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Okay okay. 5-6 hrs with time change :)

w. caldwell, nj
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

how cold is cold

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

Average in hi/lo in Bryce in October is 63/29.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

We had snow and we had 75F in october.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bryce and Zion from Las Vegas in 2 days/1 night?

I was looking at your directions to Bryce. You state to get to Bryce via 143, mapquest has me going to 20 and over, is it quicker to go via 143 or more scenic? or both?

Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park