We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone in Zion this February?

Atwater, California
5 posts
Save Topic
Anyone in Zion this February?

Hi everyone, I'm planning for my solo trip to Zion this month but from the informations I gathered, the shuttle bus is not running until March, I don't have a car so that's a big problem for me, the visitor center is also closed right now. I'm travelling solo but I want to make friends on the way too, so it's boring as hell if I'm the only one going there right now. Does anyone have just comeback from Zion or intend to go this month can give me some information about the amount of travellers in Zion now? Tks in advanced!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

How do you plan to reach Zion?

The Visitor Center is open every day but Christmas.

So is the History Musuem

You won't be alone, though of course not the crowds of summer.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

Oop, sorry the History Museum will be closed till March.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

I am slightly wondering if you are looking at last years info. Unless something has been posted in the past couple of days, the shuttle is still scheduled to start Apr 1. Last Year the shuttle started a week or so early, so at the end of March. Also last year I believe the Visitor Center was closed for a short stretch of time, but they would have moved to the history museum anyways, so the visitor center would have been open every day but christmas, as Kbec stated above.

I have been in Zion in February before. It is busy enough, especially on the Presidents Day long weekend. You will always find people on the popular trails, and by midday the parking lot at the Grotto and the small one near the lodge will be full of cars.

The winter this year has been pretty weak in the park, so I am predicting more visitors than normal. Average park statistics for February state about 70000 visitors for the month.

Atwater, California
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

@Kbecjeans: yeah that's another problem. The closest Amtrak station I can find is in Salt Lake. The public transport in US is terrible, especially for foreign students like me. So I guess I have to have another plan.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

I was just there last week- the visitor's center is open but shuttles are not running. Lots of friendly people on the trail, just every so often- everyone was enjoying the good weather and park to themselves for the most part last week anyways. If you don't have a car I am not sure how this would work- even just to get to the park, let alone navigate to each of the trails.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

NightOcean,

If you are traveling via train without other means of transport then getting to the park will certainly be more difficult than what to do when you get there.

There is the St George Express which will take you to St George http://www.stgshuttle.com/ (about $100)

or fly (about $200)

And then from there to Zion https://www.stgeorgeexpress.com/zion-nationa…

Same name, I have no idea if they are the same company.

7. Re: Anyone in Zion this February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 07:19