We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

Hey all,

I'm planning on driving to Zion from Vegas on Friday and spending the night. I've never been to Zion or the region before so I was wondering a few things- is it worth it to check out for just one night? What's the top thing I should do with my short time at the park? And will the weather be a serious issue?

I don't know enough about Zion so any help is greatly appreciated- My plan is to spend a night in Zion then drive out to page and hopefully win the lottery to see the wave-

Thanks!!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

Driving from Las Vegas to Page(or Kanab for the Wave Lottery) via Zion is an easy choice to make. The driving time via the park is only a little longer than the more direct Las Vegas to Kanab route. Stay in Springdale for the night www.zionpark.com Visit the main canyon of Zion if you have the time, which is off of SR9 to the north of Springdale. In February, you can enter the main canyon by your own vehicle. Others can provide better details.

2. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 13:35
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

Thank you so much for the advice!!!! Seriously a huge help since we're going in blank-

My one question- after Zion, is it possible to drive from Zion to Bryce for a day trip/lunch- then to Page? Or is that too much cramming?

You guys rock! Thanks again for all the help!

4. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 13:32
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

Amazing help, just what i was looking for, sincerly appreciate it!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

I will agree with Gars, that trying to see Zion's main canyon and fitting in Bryce before ending up in Page for the night will allow very little time in the two parks. Note that Springdale to Bryce to Page is about 4.5 hrs drive time minimum.

The stretch of SR9 which travels through Zion starts down in the canyon carved out by the Virgin River over eons of time. As the highway travels east through a side canyon, it also travels upwards to the east entrance and an area of the park called the east mesa. Even with limited time, this drive through the park is well worth it. SR9 is also known as the Zion Mt Carmel highway, and along this stretch is where you will pass through the well known Zion tunnel.

As said, the main canyon travels North from Canyon jct and SR 9. It is the area where the vast majority of Zion visitors concentrate their time. To drive the length of this scenic drive should take about an hour round trip (maybe a bit lewss)without stops. Riverside Walk stated by Gars is one of the best short hikes in the park. Lower Emerald Pools is another fantastic short hike. The map will be included in the pages of the park newspaper.

At Bryce if you do decide to go there, you will be looking for the main amphitheatre. To be more specific, sunrise and/or sunset points, and if you have another twenty minutes, you can look for Bryce and Inspiration points.

7. Re: Zion for one day and night last week of February worth it?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20