We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Hotel Reservations

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
October Hotel Reservations

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Zion National Park (4 nights) sometime late September or October. I've been looking at the hotels and there seems to be a mix of hotels already booked up around that time and open rooms. We're hoping to spend under $200 a night for a room. Do we need to book a room ASAP or do we have time to continue looking and planning? Although I'm pretty sure I want to do Zion National Park, I'm also considering a couple of other places, but if hotel rooms book up quickly during September and October I don't want my tendency towards indecision to get in my way.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Hotel Reservations

Hi

If you trip to Zion is set instone I'd already make a booking but we have been to Zion in october without making reservations. So why not book already? You always can cancel.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Hotel Reservations

If you are wanting to book a specific hotel at a specific price/budget, it is best to do it soon. September and early October are perfect times climate wise to visit the parks, and the hotels will likely book up a lot more as time wears on.

Bedford,U.K
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Hotel Reservations

I've been in October and Zion is fabulous, sorry.......even more fabulous, at that time of year.

I agree that book now and you'll have the option to cancel later

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,057 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Hotel Reservations

You are contemplating a trip one of the busiest times of year. Book lodging ASAP

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
815 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Hotel Reservations

Zion is a major park, so yes, I agree book now. As others say, you can always cancel.

What you have to decide is whether you want to stay in Springdale or shoot for the Zion Lodge inside the park. Staying in Springdale leaves you closer to restaurants aside from that in the Lodge in the evening. Staying in the Lodge leaves you closer to most of the trails in the morning. I stayed in the Zion Lodge, but from what I've seen a lot of people who opt for Springdale seem to like the Desert Pearl Inn. One thing I'll say about the Lodge is that we did find some kind of bug in the room every time we came back if that bothers you (went in May), and a Ranger said it isn't all that unusual for Ringtails to get in, if all of that would bother you. I don't know if things get into the Springdale lodging options as well.

Another thing you may want to consider is whether or not you also want to see Bryce Canyon. Many people do both on the same trip as they aren't that far apart. There are fewer lodging options there, so at this point you would really need to decide quickly about that and may already be too late for this October unless there are cancellations.

Of course, what you do about booking a flight is another story.

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October Hotel Reservations

We took everyone's advice and made reservations. We were trying to decide bbetween Glacier National Park and Zion, but I've never been to the southwest and it looks so beautiful so Utah here we come :)

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October Hotel Reservations

End of september/ october also isnot the best time for Glacier with places already closed like parts of GTTS rd.

8. Re: October Hotel Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park