We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

San Diego...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

I am driving from Prescott to Boise with a 6 & 9 year old. I want to stop one place in between and want to get the most bang for my buck. Any recommendations?

Thank you

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,886 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

Welcome to the TA forums.

Well googlemaps has the shortest distance going on hwy 93 up the great emptiness of Nevada. IF you wanted to go that way stopping in Ely and visiting Great Basin NP would be great. The kids would love Lehman caves !!

If you want to go the east route through Utah, I would probably recommend stopping at Bryce. It is not quite half way, but is a beautiful place and you could easily take a couple shorter hikes (Navajo loop or Bristlecone pine).

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

What do you mean by : "Most bang for my buck" ?

San Diego...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

I was wondering if there was one thing that was a must to see or do? Should we stay the night in Bryce or Zion? We are driving between Prescott and Boise with one over night stop. I have a 6 and a 9 year old girls.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

I don't think you are doing the kids a favor by taking the deserted desert drive via 93 so I suggest to take I15 and stopping at Zion is an excellent idea. Will make the next day drive to Boise a long one though.

5. Re: driving from prescott to boise with 2 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16