We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

Covington, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

We are traveling through the Grand Circle the end of May to beginning of June. I noticed most of the campsites are first come. This made me concerned since I know this is a busy time in the parks. Is it difficult to find an RV site in the NP during this time? If so, any alternatives that are equally nice? Many thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,784 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

Welcome to the TA forums Amanda K.

It is not usually a good idea to try to camp in a national park without reservations. If you can arrive before 10 in the morning for first come first served you may be able to find a spot. But end of May first of June is the beginning of travel season so you won't be alone trying to find that spot. It would be a good idea to have some idea of what else is available near where you want to be so you can fall back on plan B if you need to.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

I believe you can book in advance for Aches, Zion and the North Campground in Bryce. There are Many BLM sites around Moab. www.discovermoab.com/campgrounds_blm.htm

You can prebook in some of the state parks too like Kodachrome and probably Goblin Valley.

Marcellus, New York
Level Contributor
928 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

Yes to being able to book Goblin Valley, also yes to Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and Zion. Bryce is the only one I'm sketchy on - didn't have reservations there (had planned on Ruby's) and can't find anything about it on the web.

As far as "RV" sites, I think in most national park sites you have to dry camp so while there are some that will fit an RV, they probably aren't going to include electric or water. Something to consider if it's really hot...

4. Re: Campsite availability in the Grand Circle Parks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:17