We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

West Covina...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

HELP!!! I"m planning a 3-day trip from Vegas to Utah/Arizona next Memorial Day weekend. Since we'll be coming from LA, we'll spend Friday night in Vegas to save us 4 hours, come Saturday.

We really want to go to:

1. Brye Canyon

2. Zion

3. Antelope Canyon

4. Horshoe Bend

5. The Wave

6.Glen Canyon (If there's still time)

Would this be feasible without being too rushed and just see the best sights for each? Are there other sights on the way that you'd recommend?

Offhand, our Initial itinerary is:

Saturday- head up to Bryc and spend the night in Pagliuch.

Sunday- head on to Antelope Canyon for 10am tour, see Horseshoe Bend and Glen Canyon

Monday- head Zion from 10am until around pm, head for LA at 6pm.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!! :)

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

That itinerary is certainly doable,kind of short with time at Zion, but it is what it is.

Are you referring to Memorial Day in a couple weeks? If so I hope you have reservations in place already.

The wave requires a hard-to-get permit. You need to get in a lottery for that.

Better option for Bryce is the in-park lodging or Rubys, but Panguitch is not terribly far away.

Bryce to Page is about three hours. You can just drive up to either upper or lower and get on the next available tour, if you don't want be stressed by trying to be there at a certain time.

Leaving Zion at 6pm puts you in Vegas by about 8 with a time change. Should be the tail end of holiday weekend traffic leaving town at that hour.You don't want to get stuck in that horrible Vegas traffic earlier in the day.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,975 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Too much in too little time IMO. Choose Bryce and Zion for a more relaxed pace, especially on a busy holiday weekend.

First step is to score lodging.

Intervale, NH
Level Contributor
37 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

What time does your flight get into LV? If not too late I would try to get to St George, UT Friday night and that way you already have gone into Mountain Standard Time and get up early Saturday and hit the road. I-15 south of St George in the Virgin River Canyon has ongoing construction for the next several years creating delays so keep that in mind. An alternative is to get off I-15 in Beaver Dam/Littlefield, AZ and take 91 northwest into Utah. You will come out in Santa Clara. Snow Canyon State Park is nearby or you can take 18 back to I-15 in St George. Then go north to exit in Cedar City and Route 14 to 148 to Cedar Breaks National Monument (a mini-Bryce) and 143 to Panguitch and onto Bryce. Coming back stay on 89 south to 9 west to enter Zion. Route 9 you can drive but the other road in Zion is only accessible by the park's bus system. From there back to I-15 and LV.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Not sure the OP is flying into Las Vegas but when driving traffic between LA and LV can be horrible on a friday afternoon. No time for the Wave at all, that requires most of the day if you can get a permt (in Kanab and only for next day)

West Covina...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Wow, you guys are amazing. Appreciate all the feedback! Definitely crossing the Wave off the list, sadly.

Ok, I will be coming from LA at around 6pm on Saturday. It's a great idea to get into St George instead of Vegas to save on travel time.

Would you guys suggest any points of interest? Off hand I have:

Bryce Canyon- Rainbow Point, Bryce Point

Zion- catch the shuttle-> explore Weeping Rock Trail, Court of Patriatchs. any other must sees here?

I'm thinking of going to Bryce and Zion all on Saturday, then spend the entire Sunday to Monday morning in Arizona.

Would there be other good sites that we could pass by?

Ruby's Inn is unfortunately

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,702 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

As noted, way too much for the timeframe. LA to Vegas on Friday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend will be horrific traffic on the I-15 through the Mojave Desert. Prepare for that. St. George is a decent idea but also look at Mesquite to maybe save a few dollars. But get as far as you can. Honestly, I would limit yourself to Bryce and Zion or Bryce and Page. Trying to do all is too much.

Have fun.

West Covina...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Suggestions on the must sees for Zion & Bryce would be great. Is it really worth staying in Bryce to see the stars,or could I see the nice stars view from Pagliuch also?

I'm thinking if I should head on over to Arizona first on Saturday morning for the Antelope Canyon Tour and Horsebend. On that note, which is better, the Upper or Lower antelope? Also would the Lake Powell be skippable given the limited time? So we have more time for Bryce and Zion for 1.5 days for Sunday-Monday morning.

Thank you!

West Covina...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Thank you again. Ok from Friday we'll go to St George, and spend the night there unti Sat.

Saturday morning we plan to head up to Page to do the Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. (which would be better, Lower or Upper Antelope Canyon?

We'll spend the night in Cedar City (prospective Pagliuch and Page hotels unfortunately got booked in a flash- lesson learned to book right away, it's asy to cancel anyway), so that Sunday until Monday around 6pm we could just hed to Bryce and Zion.

I'm struggling whether I should spend the whole Sat on Zion or Bryce. I need to head back to LA come Monday around 6pm.

Would this be a doable IT?

The Wave would really need a whole day right?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,975 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

The Wave would be a full day, but you'd need to be in Kanab on the morning BEFORE the hike day to stand with the crowd in the lottery for a permit. Your odds will be around 1 in 10 or less. If you score then you hike the Wave on the NEXT day. So it's a two day gamble/commitment.

You are failing to comprehend the time it takes to travel between the destinations on your list.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP! 3 Days only- Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon, HShoe Bend

Cedar City isn't the greatest place to base for Zion or Bryce, especially coming from Page. If lodging is sold out elsewhere look to Kanab. Its closer to Page and is an easier commute to Zion and Bryce than from Cedar City.Also look in Mt Carmel Junction.

Upper Antelope is flat and sandy,and you drive up the wash in a tour 4x4.You can park your car at the entry gate and wait for the next tour.

Lower is accesed by ladders and you can drive your own car right to the entrance shack, and get on the next tour.

Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park