We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs

Cleveland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Bugs

Are there Mosquitos or Flies out yet? What about those catapillars? I'll be hiking from Lee Pass to the Grotto. Should I bring bug spray?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,923 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs

I would bring mosquito repellant, just in case. You may not need it.The only time I ever had issues with mosquitos or any kind of bugs at Zion was at Menu Falls.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs

I went this time of year, and I didn't have mosquito problems, but I've always been lucky about bites. I did still use repellant as the potential is there due to the Virgin River. There were Caterpillars up the kazoo, so expect that. Also be ready for many small Eastern Fence Lizards.

A friendly reminder - I believe you'll still have to pack your repellant in your checked luggage due to security issues. Put it in a sealed bag just in case the packaging breaks.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
52 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs

Just came back from Zion and did not come across any mosquitoes or flies.

5. Re: Bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Zion National Park