We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Yuba City, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Which National Park Lodge would you stay in if you could only stay in one - the Bryce Canyon Lodge or the Zion Lodge. Thanks for your advice. B

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Hi dsnyl4nd,

I would chose the Zion Lodge. It has a great view of the valley and the only traffic was the shuttle buses and guests at the lodge.

The Bryce Lodge is in a wooded area and it is a short walk to the rim of the canyon. There is more traffic at Bryce.

Enjoy your trip!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Hi,

I have been to both and I would choose Zion. The cabins at Zion are a nice option. Nothing fancy, but they are fun to stay in. Enjoy the trip.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Dear dsnyl4nd: I second that emotion for Zion, and make your reservations ASAP, especially if you're visiting in spring, summer or fall. Both the park lodges are managed by Xanterra Parks & Resorts (www.xanterra.com) If unable to secure rooms in either park, consider Kanab Utah, which is between the two and make for a good "base camp."

Good luck! Let us know how your planning goes. KBot2006@yahoo.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Stay in Zion. If you stay at the Zion Lodge you are allowed to drive your car into the park. Otherwise, you have to park your car outside the park and take a shuttle bus in. We stayed in the cabin and it was fine.

Ruby's Inn is so close to Bryce that you can stay there rather than the Bryce Lodge.

Yuba City, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Zion it is!

6. Re: Bryce Lodge or Zion Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 04:16