We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

We're going to PB in late July; just 3 of us (one is a 5 year old). I'd like some suggestions and help with condo complexes. I have not been to the area since I was a child, so I'm not sure which to pick.

I'm looking at condos at Emerald Isle, South Harbour Condos, Villas on the Gulf, and Regency Towers. Any pros or cons?? As far as location goes, is it easy to walk to restaurants and things like that from these places or are cars required? I'm not asking for budget help--just want to know if these are good areas, safe, easy beach access, and easy access to other places in the area. Any information you can share is appreciated. Thanks!

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

Emerald Isle is within very comfortable walking distance and is on the gulf side. South Harbour is a little closer to the beach and shopping but is on the bay side, and you will need to cross the intersection to get to the public beach (gulf). Regency Towers is about 2.5 miles down from the shops, etc. and on the gulf side. 2 buildings in Villas on the Gulf are on the gulf side but it's a little ways further down from the shops, etc. than Regency Towers. These last two would require a car, but are still very close to all the "action.'

As far as safety, the entire island is very safe. These are all great for beach access. If you are wanting to be near the public beach, pier, shops, etc, Emerald Isle and South Harbour are your best bets. The others are more private.

We have stayed at Emerald Isle once and will be going there again this July because it is within walking distance to everything and on the gulf side...directly on the beach and all condos face the ocean!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

TravelPara, Thanks so much for the information on PB--it's really appreciated. We have actually decided to stay in Perdido Key but are hoping to make a day trip to the PB area to see the Blue Angels practice and scout out future places to stay.

I really appreciate your telling me where those condo buildings are in relation to the gulf and bay sides. Since I'm not familiar with the area, I was having so much trouble trying to decide what area might be best for us. This helps a lot! We are considering PB for next summer so I'm saving this. Thanks again!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

Try http://www.vrbo.com/ or http://www.pointesouth.com/ - these could help))

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

Thanks for the link!

5. Re: Need some Pensacola Beach condo help/location, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2012, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach
Recent Conversations