We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PNS to Pensacola Beach - best/cheapest way?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
PNS to Pensacola Beach - best/cheapest way?

Hello - we are anxiously waiting to stay on Pensacola Beach in August. I really don't want to rent a car if I don't have to. I know there is the beach trolley for getting around during the day - but what is the best way to get to Pensacola Beach from the airport? Should I rent a shuttle? How much might that cost? Would they stop at Publix on the way? Or is a taxi a better alternative? Or should I just buck up and rent a car? I plan on just hanging out near the water all week. May venture over to the Naval museum - is there public transportation to that area?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Gulf Breeze, FL
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PNS to Pensacola Beach - best/cheapest way?

I would suggest you rent a car at the airport. Check Priceline and bid for a rental car. The beach is pretty spread out, and trolleys do not run all day. Drive from beach to Grocery stores could take 5 to ten minutes, depending on where you are staying at beach. Pensacola Airport to beach is about 20 minutes. Pensacola Beach to NAS museum is probably 25 minutes. Enjoy your visit!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PNS to Pensacola Beach - best/cheapest way?

Thank you! We are staying on Fort Pickens Road so I do think we will get a car - at least to get to and from the airport and NAS museum it will be helpful. And groceries of course.

Looking forward to it!

3. Re: PNS to Pensacola Beach - best/cheapest way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach