We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

Save Topic
Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

Family group with 7 kids between 6&12 who love beach action, crabbing, fishing, white sandy beaches,....coming from TX. Which beach?? We can't decide.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

We have a split decision over the two areas in my family. Depending on where you are staying...house or hotel...Pensacola has shops, restarurants, a fishing pier, ferris wheel and little activities within walking distance. It is a smaller and more narrow beach town so the oceanside and soundside are close. The beaches are just a pretty as Gulf Shores and the water is as blue. We typically stay in Orange Beach, which is right next to Gulf Shores. The area is a bit bigger than Pensacola so there are more hotels and condos which may make it a little busier. There are beach shops, good restaruants and activities to enjoy close by in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach too. Both areas are wonderful for families. You really cant go wrong with either place. Check out both tripadvisor pages for Gulf Shores and Pensacola Beach and read the "things to do" column which may help you decide on which has more kid friendly activities. Enjoy your trip!

Save Reply
2. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

Thank you so much!! Yes I've been researching and both seem really great!! I've been to Pensacola years back but never to gulf shores so I didn't want to be disappointed, but I think gulf shores sounds just as wonderful!

texas
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

I leave for Pensacola Beach on Sunday,also from Texas. and have a condo that we booked thru VRBO. Never did that before.It will let you know what we think. It is us, 48 and 54, then 4 young adults, 19-29. then 2 grandkids, 6 and 11. We were looking at more layed back area beaches and PB seemed to fit the bill.

Save Reply
4. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

Oh awesome! Thanks so much! Y'all have a wonderful trip! I'm glad to hear you used VRBO.. I've heard a lot of reference to their site..and am about to use them to book somewhere....but want to be sure I can trust their site. Sounds very reputable from what I hear.

Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

My friends and I have used VRBO several times for Florida beach vacays. We haven't had a bad experience yet! Be sure you read the reviews on each condo. That will guide you to the better ones. Try to deal with the owner whenever possible. Some of the condo rental companies won't give you the service you would get from the owner themself. Have fun on your trip wherever you decide to go and stay!

Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

My friends and I have used VRBO several times for Florida beach vacays. We haven't had a bad experience yet! Be sure you read the reviews on each condo. That will guide you to the better ones. Try to deal with the owner whenever possible. Some of the condo rental companies won't give you the service you would get from the owner themself. Have fun on your trip wherever you decide to go and stay!

Save Reply
7. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

Oh that's good to know! Thanks so much for the information!

8. Re: Pensacola Beach or Gulf Shores, AL?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach
Recent Conversations