We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

Tell City, IN
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

Looking to take a family vacation to Pensacola Beach in late May and have narrowed down our condo options to either Bay Watch or Villas on the Gulf. Just looking to see if anyone has any insight or opinions or reviews either good or bad that could help narrow it down to one or the other.

Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

I haven't stayed at either of these properties. Bay Watch is newer, of course, but the Villas are gulf front (or some of them are). To me, gulf front will always win simply because to be able to walk out on the balcony and watch the water, hear the waves, day or night....nothing compares to that.

You can check TA reviews for specialty housing on Pensacola Beach and hopefully find what others are saying. For the Villas, I'd do my homework to be sure my condo has been updated - they've been there a long time but that doesn't mean you won't find exactly what you're looking for. They're not in the midst of the action if that's important to you.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

I've stayed at Villas, rented through VRBO, conda had been updated in 2011, and owner was great to work with. PM me and I'll be happy to provide you with VRBO number so you can check it out.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

Baywatch all the way! The pool is perfect, the sound side pier is nice, a short walk to the beach and the owners and residents are always friendly and accommodating. We rent through vrbo.com without problems. I'm not a fan of Villas on the Gulf, the parking is awkward, too many condos stuffed in one area and if you end up close to road the only view you have is of the "lagoon" which is a mosquito breeding ground. Good luck!

4. Re: Bay Watch versus Villas on the Gulf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach