We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Our family is headed to Pensacola Beach in early Nov. I'd love some info on the weather around this time, fun things to do in the area, great food, etc. Spouse will be attending meetings during the day so I'd like things to do with my 7 year old since we will not be on the beach all day (we'll have our car). I love seafood, husband loves a great burger, & we enjoy pizza, Greek, Chinese, etc. too.

We vacation almost every summer in the Orange Beach/Perdido Key area so we're used to being down there when its hot & crowded. I'm excited to visit during a different time of year! My child loves the Naval Air Museum so we are planning on going again. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I also love to shop & wondered about going to area outlet malls. Is it closer/easier to go back to Foley or somewhere else? And, we'll be in town during the week but not over a weekend. Thanks!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Topping this in the hopes for some info-thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Hi, Lee - we meet again!

We've vacationed on Pensacola Beach/Navarre for many years after getting fed up with the congestion in Destin. However, since our trips are solely for the beach and we don't do much else, I'll have limited info for you regarding other activities. We've been there early Nov and the weather was fine, still warm, gulf was still warm enough to swim - that will vary year to year, of course. You must take the drive from Pensacola Beach over to Navarre along the undeveloped national seashore and don't forget the camera!

Besides the naval air museum you mentioned (if you go on Weds mornings, you can meet the Blue Angel pilots - maybe around 10:00 or 11:00, check their website). There's a children's museum in Pensacola and some historic areas to visit downtown. The zoo in Gulf Breeze (route 98) is pretty cool, I assume it'll still be open. As for outlet shopping, I know there's some in Destin but personally don't think it's as good as Foley. Maybe rent bikes for a day and peddle around the island since traffic shouldn't be bad especially during the week.

On the island, we like Pegleg Pete's & Grand Marlin. Sidelines has good burgers, Papa's has good pizza. Great breakfasts at Native Café, ice cream at The Boardwalk. Stop by Joe Patti's in Pensacola (close to the bay bridge) if you want some wonderful fresh fish to cook yourself. McGuire's in Pensacola is also close to the bay bridge. Best info is located at these links:

www.visitpensacolabeach.com

www.visitpensacola.com

Edited: 02 September 2013, 14:16
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Water at the beach will be getting cool.

sercc.com/climateinfo/historical/coastal_wat…

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Hi MsCheap! Thanks for your suggestions! I'm looking forward to visiting this area & coming at a different time of year. I'm okay with not getting to sit on the beach all day (well, I will miss that!) so it sounds like we'll find plenty of things to do. We visited Joe Patties 2 summers ago--so neat! We'll be in a hotel on this trip so no cooking. We will probably drive out to see Ft. Pickens; I think my 7 year old will love that & we'll bring the camera for sure for all that beautiful scenery!

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

BlueRusso, thanks so much for the link!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Water temps in EARLY Nov still in the 70's each time we've visited, gotta be colder than that to keep me out!

Lee, unless the weather is unusually cold, you'll still be able to enjoy the beach.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 15:36
Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

MsCheap, hummm...not sure how those temps will affect my willingness to get in the water. I've only been in the summer so if the water is too chilly, I may chicken out! Still, I'm bringing swimsuits, just in case (& the pools at the hotel will be heated)!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Oh, come on - suck it up!! :-)

Even if you don't get in the water, you can still enjoy the sand. I thought of one more thing that may be fun for your 7-yr old. There's a minimal charge to go out on the pier (good for repeat trips the whole day, either 50 cents or $1). Kids enjoy watching the fishermen and sometimes if you look down by the pylons, you can see LOTS of jellyfish hanging around even when they're not present at the shoreline.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

Thanks for letting me know about the pier--sounds like something we should check out.

That water, though...still feeling chicken!:)

10. Re: Pensacola Beach in early Nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach
Recent Conversations