We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break temps?

Tell City, IN
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
spring break temps?

I know no one can predict the weather but am hoping that some regulars or locals can give me some insight into "normal" air and water temps for the last week of March. Am wanting to plan a spring break trip with my kids and wondering if the upper gulf waters will be warm enough to enjoy at this time.

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
817 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spring break temps?

Last week of March is usually good. Water is still a bit chilly for me, but a lot of people start getting in the water in March. I usually wait until May or June, but I'm spoiled.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring break temps?

Water is pretty cool at that time of year. Here's a link that gives you average temps by month (scroll down to Pensacola):

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/egof.html

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spring break temps?

Even the end of May can have cool water. Just depends on how hot it is in the spring. March could be nice for sunning on the beach but you won't see me in the water. It's way too cold for me. Lots of kids will be in the water though. Cold water doesn't seem to bother them.

4. Re: spring break temps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach
Recent Conversations