We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurant on the Water

New Albany,IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Restaurant on the Water

What's your favorite restaurant on the water in Pensacola Beach? We are going to the Grand Marlin - It appears that along the boardwalk on the sound(?) the restaurants are "on the water." What about oceanside?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

Grand Marlin is it - on the sound, yes. Nothing special on gulf side IMO.

Milton
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

We love Peg Leg Pete's (east down toward fort pickens) and Margaritaville hotel has a great bar/restaurant! On the sound side I recommend, Flounders or Hemingways in addition to the Grand Marlin.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

Peg Leg Pete's is my favorite place to go for food whenever I'm home visiting my family and when we go out on the boat as they have a dock we just float on up to and park at.

Flounders had good food, and the best Bushwacker's in town. If you've never been to Pensacola before, the Bushwacker was invented in Pensacola despite what other cities claim, and is the best adult beverage ever. It's basically an adult chocolate shake and if you have more than one, be very careful when you stand up to ensure that you stay standing!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

I have to agree that there are not any restaurants on the Gulf side worth mentioning. My favourites are; Peg Leg Pete's and Grand Marlin ... Peg Legs to me is more of a local favourite and a little more laid back and casual than Grand Marlin.

You really can't go wrong with either spot to be honest. Be prepared for long waits now that summer has rolled around. Both restaurants have good bar areas for waiting and Peg Leg has an outdoor play ground area for kids as well where Grand Marlin does not have an area for children at all if that is something that is a concern.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

Of the places on the water, Crabs is probably the best, but it can be pretty hit of miss, so take that into consideration. On Pcola beach, there are places on the intercoastal, but not on the Gulf.If it is about the view, then Crabs is your choice, if it is about the food, take one of the other places.

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

H2O at the Hilton. Try the Sunday brunch there .

Cincinnati, Ohio...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

We loved Flounders and Peg Leg Pete's both on the sound side.

8. Re: Favorite Restaurant on the Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola Beach