How to reach from Mumbai?Were do I stay and what Places to see
1. Start your journey towards Pune. Please take the Expressway (not the old Mumbai Pune Highway). Set your trip meter at 00 exactly at the Mumbai – Pune Talegaon Toll Plaza payment cabin. Keep driving on the Expressway till you reach a point where the Expressway ends, you will see a signage on your right-hand side "Expressway Ends". The car trip meter at this point will approximately read 11.8 kilometers.
2. Continue driving straight (along NH 4) till you reach the D.Y. Patil Institute of Engineering on your left–hand side. The car trip meter at this point will approximately read 17.7 kilometers.
3. After D.Y. Patil Institute of Engineering, you will approach the Wakad Police Chowk signal. The Wakad Police Station will be to your right hand side. The car trip meter at this point will approximately read 18.8 kilometers.
4. Keep driving straight till you approach a signal below a bridge. This bridge is called as the Wakad– Hinjewadi Bridge. The car trip meter at the signal will read approximately 20.5 kilometers.
5. You will then approach a prominent landmark on your right–hand side which is the Chatrapati Shivaji Kridakshetra (Stadium). The car trip meter at this point will approximately read 22.3 kilometers.
6. As you continue your journey towards Lavasa, en–route you will pass the various motor showrooms (Tata, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Toyota, Honda and Chevrolet). Slow down as you see hotel Viva Inn on your left hand side. car trip meter at this point will read approximately 32.5 kilometers.
7. After driving just a little ahead, you will see a road (like a service road) which dips down to the left, getting off the highway. Go down 200 meters and at Lohia Jain IT Park, take a sharp U turn. You will then pass under the over-bridge, slow down as you will see a road going upwards called as the Pune Paud Toll road.
8. This road leads you to Chandni Chowk (Landmark is Chandani Chowk Police Chowky or Up and Above restaurant on your left –hand side) Here the car trip meter will approximately read 33.7 kilometers. Take the road to Pirangut (Landmark – HP Petrol Pump on the right hand side). Cross the Toll Naka on the same road. The car trip meter on the Toll naka will approximately read 34.6 kilometers.
9. As you keep driving on the marked road from Chandani Chowk, you will pass a village called Bhugaon. Keep driving as you will pass another prominent landmark Manas Resort. The car trip meter here will approximately read 39.5 kilometers.
10. Drive straight ahead towards Pirangut, a few kilometers later you will pass by the Pirangut market and reach a junction known as Gothawade Phata. There is a Lavasa signage at Gothawade Phata. The car trip meter here will read approximately 47.5 kilometers.
11. Please take a left turn at Gothawade Phata. Now follow the marked road right up to a point where you see a big dam called as Temghar Dam. Now take a left at this point. Hereon begins the road to Lavasa The car trip meter will approximately read 68.4 kilometers. Continue your journey straight till you reach Lavasa entry gate. The trip meter here will read 76.7 kilometers.
As far as stay goes: there are 4 options
1. ITC Fortune, Ekaant, Mercure and Waterfront Shaw (studio apts). Ekaant is best of the lot when it come to view. WFS is best located, ITC is premium with location advbantage and Mercure is cheap.
There are a few options like the nature trails, water fountain and some viewing points.Edited: 24 October 2013, 05:57
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.