We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
865 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

Is it cheaper to hire a car once I am in North Cyprus or before I go? I want an Automatic transmission, is this likely? Anyone know of any good deals.

12 replies to this topic
dumfries
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

Don't know about an automatic but we always use green valley car rental near lapta. You could ask as they are very helpful. If it is the height of the season I would book, if not..... How are you getting from the airport as they usually do a deal from ercan, from the south not sure as we don't fly in that way anymore.

Highlands
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

Hi, we booked on line with http://www.aone-cyprusrentacar.com/

still on hols but so far so good, transfer from larnaca perfect 25sterling each way various prices for car rent depending on car. we got choice on arrival went for automatic to save all the clutching and gear changing as we,re in karmi. fuel empty but garage just 100yards away and give back empty which should be ok as our car has a fuel counter thing so we should be able to get it near to empty for returning.

they are not in lapta but you can hire from anywhere hear as they all seem to either deliver car to you or take you on arrival to them

good luck whatever you decide

James

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
865 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

I now have another question for you since you have very recently flown to North Cyprus, that is, what is involved with flying, do we now go direct or land in Turkey for the visa control, and, what is the situation coming back, I am flying out of Manchester.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
UK
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

You can fly from Manchester to Larnaca and get a taxi pre-booked with a firm in the north to take you to Lapta. Alternatively you can fly to Ercan which involves a short stopover on the tarmac in Turkey.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
dumfries
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

We always fly from Manchester Turkish Airlines. There are two flights a day, 23 kg luggage + hand luggage, choice of food and drinks, free choice of seating, on some flight a choice of TV, on others free TV. At Manchester you get the cheap duty free a it is not EU. You do get off the plane at Istanbul Airport, but I like that as I get to look at more shops, they transfer your luggage. It also not so far to drive when you arrive and the taxi fare is cheaper. On the way back because it is an internal flight you don't have to be there so early and there are again two flights per day. It's the only way to fly I think. We are booked for the end of June, I can't wait!!!

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
6. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 13:05

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

Dependant on time of year, at least reserve a car, July - Sept they are in very short supply

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

If you are on a package holiday from Manchester you will touch down in Turkey (Dalaman) for about 45 mins.You don't get off the plane.Same coming home.

Try Bird rent a car,you book on their website and pay when you collect the car.You can pick up car at Ercan or your hotel.We have used them a lot over the years and they are very good & reliable,cars well maintained and you can pay in cash(sterling).

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
UK
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

I can second the recommendation for Bird. We have used them several times, and they were very good when we were unfortunately involved in an accident out there.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,588 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus

The original post is from May 2013 - the original poster has probably been and gone by now.

Reply to: Car hire in Lapta North Cyprus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lapta
Recent Conversations