We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
57 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

I can't find a way to search just for this info ... I am looking for a family oriented resort that has activities and fun things for kids to do. Shoot away resorts, I'm not exactly sure what kind of accomodation to search under! Thank you! :)

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

I would look under vrbo.com for a nice cabin rental in the mountains. Many have game rooms etc to keep the kids happy. Do you really need an 'Activities Director" for kids, geez.

You could rent a cabin on a mountain lake and rent a pontoon. I suggest Lake Nantahala and Lake Santeelah for this. Do some whitewater rafting gem mining etc. Get the kids in the outdoors and away from the video games.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

The Smokey Mountains are a great place to take your kids. There is so much to do there you won't want to spend time at the hotel. And they will be so worn out they won't need a lot to do. As Jaded said, there is white water rafting (which they have for ages 3 & up), tubing ($9 for as many times as you want to go), hiking trails (many are easy trails and some have water falls to see), horseback riding, explore the national park, drive thru Cades Cove and explore the many historic homes, farms, etc. We saw a momma bear & her cubs there just last week. There are also usually deer in Cades Cove & Elk further down the mountain. You might try staying in Pigeon Forge as there are loads of hotels there and lots of stuff to do. You can even mine for gems right there if you don't want to go out to the fields to mine. They have go-kart tracks, arcades, wax museum, Dollywood, etc, etc. There are some larger hotel / resorts. Not sure if any of them have an activities director like you are thinking of but some may offer more to do than others. Contact the Chamber or Commerce and request info from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Cherokee.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

You may want to check Chetola Resort in Blowing. Not sure if they have a director. Also, Great Wolf Lodge in Concord is good for a few days.

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

There are two dude ranches in WNC...no cattle drives across the prairie but great horseback riding, swimming, fishing, family style dining and entertainment in the shadow of the Blue Ridge.

Pisgah View Ranch just SW of Asheville and Clear Creek Ranch just NE from Asheville.

guestranches.com/states/NC/north_carolina_ra…

Edited: 13 July 2010, 01:18
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

http://www.highhamptoninn.com/

What are "Shoot away resorts"?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

check out Earthshine Mountain Lodge:

http://www.earthshinelodge.com/

7. Re: Ack! Help finding resorts with Activities Directors for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:17